Because Kane is active, this post may not be up to date during the season.
- NHL: 2007-present, 9 seasons, all quality
- 251G, 412A for 663P, +68 in 658 games; 79.9 PS; 19:29 ATOI
- In his draft class,[1. 2007] Kane[2. Drafted 1st overall] is 1st in Games, Goals, Assists and Points, 2nd in Plus Minus
- Era: Kane is 7th in Goals, 5th in GPG, Assists and APG, 2nd in Points, PPG, OPS and PS, and 33rd in Games[3. Of the 51 players to play in at least 700 games between 2007 and now]
- 82-game average: 31G, 52A for 83P, +8
- 3-year peak (2013-16): 82-game average of 39G, 52A for 91P, +13
- Possession: 55 CF%, 1 CF%Rel, 54.5 FF%, 0.4 FF%Rel
- Playoffs: 49G, 72A for 121P, +7 in 123 games; 20:15 ATOI
- Playoffs Possession:[4. Not available at the moment]
- Adjusted: 299G, 469A for 768P
- Adjusted 82-game average: 37G, 84A for 96P
- Never traded.
- Hart (’16), Calder (’08)
- Art Ross (’16)
- Conn Smythe (’13)
- Best Player[5. By Point Shares] once (’16)
- Best Offensive Player[6. By Offensive Point Shares] once (’16), Top 5 twice (’13)
- Scored 45 goals once, 30 goals twice, 25 goals six times, 20 goals nine times[7. Every season Kane has been in the league]
- Tallied 60 assists once, 50 assists thrice, 40 assists seven times
- Scored 100 points once, 80 points twice, 70 points five times, 60 points eight times, 50 points nine times[8. Every season he’s been in the league]
- Top 5 in Goals twice
- Top 5 in GPG once, Top 10 twice
- Top 5 in Assists once, Top 10 twice
- Top 10 in APG once
- Led the league in Points once, Top 5 twice, Top 10 thrice
- Led the league in PPG once, Top 5 thrice
- 1st Team All Star once, All Rookie
- 4 All Star Games.
- MVP on one Champion (’13 Blackhawks), Best Forward[9. Led the playoffs in points) on one Champion (’15 Blackhawks), Top 3 Forward[10. By points and minutes] on one Champion (’10 Blackhawks) and one Final Four (’14 Blackhawks), Top 6 Forward[11. By points and minutes] on one Final Four (’09 Blackhawks)
- Top 6? Forward[12. By points] on one Olympic Runner Up (’01 USA)
- Best Forward[13. By points] on one WJC Bronze (’07 USA).
This is supposed to be a hockey-only site. But someone like Kane raises questions we can’t ignore about whether or not there should be a “character” requirement for the Hall of Fame.[14. Obviously there wasn’t one before, besides some nebulous “Hockey Code” based concept. But now that we’re all supposedly more enlightened, we can decide there should be one.] But putting that aside…
On pure hockey merit, he has the supposedly requisite 3 major award.[15. Though I believe the Conn Smythe was debatable.] But his regular season dominance hasn’t yet reached a point where I think we can say he belongs. Maybe in a few years.