- NHL: 1928-33; 5 seasons, all quality[1. By Defensive Point Shares]
- 44G, 33A for 77P in 183 games
- At his retirement, Owen was 20th All Time in Defensive Point Shares
- Era: Owen is 25th in OPS, 8th in DPS, 7th in PS and 61st in Games[2. Of the 80 players to play in at least 150 games between 1928 and 1933]
- 82-game average: 20G, 15A for 34P; 32.6 PSP
- 3-year peak (1929-32): 44-game average of 12G, 10A for 22P; 7.9 PS
- Playoffs: 2G, 5A for 7P in 21P
- Adjusted: 83G, 121A for 204P
- Adjusted 82-game average: 37G, 54A for 91P
- Dominance Quotient: Never led a team
- Traded once before his NHL career started.
- Best Defensive Player[3. By Defensive Point Shares] once (’30)
- Best D[4. By points] on one Final Four (’31 Bruins), Top 2 D[5. By points] on one Runner up (’30 Bruins), Top 4 D[6. By points] on one Champion (’29 Bruins) and one Final Four (’33 Bruins)
We can’t know if Owen was a dominant defensive player, unfortunately. And he didn’t play long enough.