Valeri Kharlamoov never played in the NHL.
This website is about players who have played in the NHL, or players who played in the forerunners of the NHL.
But Kharlamov was inducted, in great part due scaring Canada at the ’72 Summit Series. (Kharlamov also died very young.)
So, does he belong in the Hockey Hall of Fame?
Listen to us try to talk about this case here:
Continue reading “Does Valeri Kharlamov Belong in the Hockey Hall of Fame?”
- NHL: 1971-89; 18 seasons, 17 quality
- 731G (5th All Time), 1040A (10th) for 1771P (6th), +28 in 1348 games; 155.5 PS
- Dionne is 16th All Time in GPG, 9th in APG and 6th in PPG
- Dionne is 9th All Time in Offensive Point Shares
- In his Draft Class,[1. 1971] Dionne[2. Drafted2nd overall] is 1st in Games, Goals, Assists and Points
- Era: Dionne is 1st in Goals,[3. Dionne is ahead by 231 goals] GPG,[4. Dionne is ahead by .09 GPG] Assists,[5. Dionne is ahead by 260 assists] APG,[6. Dionne is ahead by .07 APG] Points,[7. Dionne is ahead by 517 points] PPG,[8. Dionne is ahead by .18 PPG] OPS,[9. Dionne is ahead by 46.2 Offensive Point Shares] and Games, he is 2nd in PS[10. Of the 5 players to play in at least 1100 games between 1971 and 1989. Because Dionne was remarkably healthy and his career so long, only 1 of other player played 1200 games during this span.]
- 82-game average: 44G, 63A for 107P, +2
- 3-year peak (1978-81): 82-game average of 57G, 77A for 134P, +38
- Playoffs: 21G, 24A for 45P, -5[8. Since 1984-85] in 49 games
- Adjusted: 610G (16th All Time), 883A (18th) for 1493P (12th)
- Adjusted 82-game average: 37G, 54A for 91P
- If the qualifier is set to 750 games, Dionne is 14th All Time in Adjusted PPG[11. If the qualifier is raised to 1,000 games, Dionne is 8th All Time]
- Dionne has the 4th highest Dominance Quotient ever
- Traded once in his prime and once at the end of his career.
Continue reading “Marcel Dionne”